BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The first step is the hardest but the most rewarding...

I have been thinking for so long that I need to find my way back to God and to Jesus. I have been talking with an old friend lately about religious questions, and today he offered me the most helpful advice that anyone has ever given me. I need to look at myself and figure out what I need most, I need to find a church that is bible based, that is charismatic, that has small groups, and a church that will let me use all the wonderful talents that god has given me. But, before I can truly begin to find what I need, I need to get to know god and Jesus and reaffirm my love for him. I need to get to know the father, his son, and the holy spirit on a more intimate level. As a speaker I have recently seen said, Jesus is our "husband". WE need to take the time to know him, to love him, and to let him into our lives so that he may mold us and shape us into what our purpose on earth is. WE are Gods most BEAUTIFUL masterpiece, and we owe our whole being to him.
I have always had a deep sense of religion, and love for God and Jesus, however, the church I was raised in doesn't give me the feeling of what I need from a church. After talking to Rob and listening to what he had to tell me, I began looking at other churches today. I took inventory of the spiritual gifts that god has given me, and I've begun thinking about how I can use these amazing gifts to serve my lord and savior.
1 Peter 4:10 says "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms."
1 Corinthians 12: 4-6 says "4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men."

Scattered throughout the bible are passages about serving god to the best of our abilities. We have all been given these wonderful gifts, no two people are the same, we are put here to become and make up the body of Christ. Every component is equally as important as the other, just like the human body, the finger is not any less or any more important than the liver. Yes the finger is seen, and the liver isn't, but its functions are just as vital to the person on who's body they are located. The same is said for the body of Christ that we all intertwine to become a part of.

Today, I was really down on myself about a past relationship that had just ended. After talking with rob, i started to try to find what was said in the bible about situations like these. I found a passage from Psalm 143:8 "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." This spoke to me because rather than dwelling on the hard and difficult situations in my life, i need to put my trust in god, because he has a plan for me. He will walk beside me and show me the way to go. Never doubt, only believe!

0 comments: